We got on the road early (8:00) this morning so we could drive the 600+ miles to make it to Colorado Springs. The first two hours were in a pouring rain/thunderstorm, so it was not much fun. After that, it was gorgeous and the speed limit was 75 all through Kansas and CO, so that was great!
The clouds were really neat looking. We saw a lot of windmills during the drive.
As we got into Colorado, we saw a major storm in the distance. I did not want to end the day was rain, so I was glad we skirted the storm.
We made it to Colorado Springs in 10 hours and 20 minutes. Not bad! And I wasn’t as sore as I thought I would be. But it’s nice to be out of the car.
Charlie and Lucy (same age) have hit it off and disappeared immediately to play all afternoon. Marty went with Mary to VBS for pizza and games. Ceil and I had fun being together again! We’ll get a picture with the family sometime soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment