Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Day 6- St. Louis

Today we went to the Gateway Arch.

DSC01902

It was a beautiful day, but hot & humid. Everyone was extremely impressed with the arch. I had been before many years ago, but it was fun to be there again.

DSC01903DSC01904DSC01905

I forced Eddie to go to the top, mean mom that I am. He wasn’t sure he wanted to be that high up—630 ft. Here he is in the egg tram going up.

DSC01906

Charlie had no qualms.

DSC01907

At the top overlooking the Mississippi (above) and St. Louis (below). You can see the ball stadium to the left. And the old courthouse directly across. We went to the old courthouse after we finished at the arch.

DSC01908DSC01909

There was a Gateway to the West museum that was extremely interesting.

DSC01910

After the museum we watched a movie about making the arch. It was completed in 1965. The movie was fascinating.

DSC01911

Here we are about to go in the old courthouse. Charlie & I stayed on a bench at the bottom because his feet hurt too badly to walk anymore. Eddie & Marty went up 3 more levels and looked at the courtrooms and things on the other floors.

DSC01914DSC01916

Now, the van is at the tire repair place getting a nail in the tire repaired. Who knew we’d have such excitement on vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment