Today we had to get up early and head out because we had a date to get new brakes in the van in Las Vegas, 5 hours away. In Lubbock, when we were getting our souvenir tires, I was told that the brakes would need to be replaced when I got home. But I don’t think he took the mountain driving we’ve been doing into account. At first, we thought we’d just get them done in Seattle, but they started squeaking while we were on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and I got nervous. But, we had no data connection in the park, so I called Lee and he researched a place and made an appointment in Las Vegas for us. (Tonopah is too small…they don’t even have a stoplight.)
We had to bump up into Utah for about a half hour of the drive, then back into Arizona and finally into Nevada. Once again we drove through many different looking landscapes.
Below is Las Vegas. We drove a couple of miles down the Strip after getting the new brakes.
Finally, a little after 8, we made it to Tonopah (Toe-nuh-paw), NV.
No comments:
Post a Comment