I forgot to say that on our way to the Tower on Jan 4, I saw a man in a Spartan jacket. I said, “Go Green!” He stopped, “Go White!” Then he and his wife talked and talked to us. They were very nice, but we couldn’t get away. I wouldn’t have said it if I’d known it would have taken that long.
We headed to Westminster Abbey this morning. Charlie was happy because we took a different line on the Tube. He called the Tube ‘the Sub’ for a long time. We finally got him saying Tube and then went to Rome where he called the subway the Tube there too.
No pictures were allowed in Westminster Abbey, but it was pretty cool. I especially liked the ceiling in the Lady Chapel.
Below is Big Ben with the London Eye behind it. That thing is darn high! Marty & Eddie wanted to go, but no one else did and it’s dang expensive, so no one went.
After lunch we waved goodbye to Sr. Maria Pio and then Charlie played video games while Mom & I rested and the big boys, Mark & Dad went to Abbey Road studios and zebra crossing (made famous by the Beatles) and 221B Baker St. made famous by fictional character Sherlock Holmes.
Sightseeing is thirsty work. Barbie pointed out that it looks like Rob is photobombing the below picture—click on it to make it big and check it out.
Marty thought the below ad was funny. Depends on what word you stick delivery with what it means.
We ate dinner at Nando’s which is a Portuguese/Morracan chicken chain. Very good.
No comments:
Post a Comment