Thursday, July 3, 2014

Day 34—Seattle

This morning I went over to Monica & Michael’s house to see the kids and the new baby and to stay with the kids while Michael took the baby to the pediatrician for a check up. Gaylan also came along with his kids. I haven’t mentioned it, but Monica had Felix June 21 and June 22 went into ICU because of septic shock. We have all been very worried about her, but the baby is doing well.

Well, she called while G & I were there and said she got her discharge papers and to come over and get her. I think I was her best friend in the whole world when I pulled up to the curb and she got to get out of the wheelchair and into the van! She looks tired, but not sickly, and we are all praying that her recovery continues to go well and swiftly.

I got my hair cut (yea!) by Pam’s stylist, got the van a much needed car wash, and did some grocery shopping. Then we headed over to Kristy & Jeff’s to see them and Gail & Doug who are visiting from Vermont. Kristy & Gail are friends from grad school. We were so glad the timing worked out for Gail & me to overlap in Seattle! We had a lovely dinner with the 4 families (P&G also came). It was wonderful to catch up and see everyone.

Jeff, Kristy, me, Doug, Gail.

DSC02222DSC02224

No comments:

Post a Comment