Bethany had a brainstorm a while back. She thought she would choose a necklace I made and name it after her book (Surreal) and give it away on her blog. This would create buzz for both of us.
Then she took it a step farther and asked other authors in her group if they were interested. Some were and I’ve gotten 3 commissions so far. The one I’ve just finished with is for CC Hunter whose book in the Shadowfalls series comes out March 29. She wanted a necklace for herself and one to give away herself. She’ll also give one like the give away one on Bethany’s blog. She wanted them to match her cover—purple, black and gray. And she choose the two necklace styles because they had a ‘falls’ feel. Here is a link to her webpage.
This is the one for her. I used gray, light purple, dark purple and black pearls in the lariat to give the impression of a shadow falling down. It looks so much better in real life around one’s neck!
Here are the earrings to go with it.
This is the one she will give away. It is also a lariat, just not as fancy.
And the earrings to go with it.
It was a lot of fun to work within her parameters, but I was able to be creative with the designs. I think they turned out well. What do you think?
Finally can see the earrings (Very pretty). I'm thrilled C.C. ordered from you. She's a great author (and her Christie Craig contemparary romance novels are good too). Thank you for teaming up with me :-)
ReplyDelete