Today I went with Charlie & my friend Holly to the National Book Festival in Washington DC. The Pioneer Woman was there. That’s who we went to see. She had a nice presentation/question and answer time that flew by. Then we got to chat with her briefly. And she signed our cookbooks.
So fun. She is a real sweetie. For those of you who don’t know her, check out www.thepioneerwoman.com
Thanks Barbie & Monica for getting me hooked on her!
Here’s Charlie waiting for things to start. He was sooooo good!
Here’s PW. Or Ree Drummond. She was wearing jeans, her boots, and a printed shirt with 3/4 sleeves—her uniform. She is definitely a romantic in clothing style!
Here is the tent for buying books. Borders was the official book seller. It was wild. There were a lot of people there, but we left around noon, so it wasn’t too crowded yet.
Charlie was happy we rode the metro in. It was a very fun thing to do today!
It is amazing you got to her. Did you get there early? When she came here last fall, my number was like a 7-hour wait. They said you could go and come back, but I was too tired. So did not get my book signed. :(
ReplyDeleteYeah - I thought that about the romantic style too. I like the long skirts and peasant shirts, but I look super frumpy when I try to dress like that. Ree is tall and willowy enough to pull it off.
Actually, it wasn't the same as her book signings where she was the main event. There were many authors there. And we didn't go to the 'official' book signing which was later in the afternoon. We went to see her at the OK table when she was stamping kids' maps. See her blog today. Plus, after her talk, we just zipped up to see her. Since it was outside, it was very casual. She was so sweet and funny!
ReplyDeleteAWWW!!! That's so fun! Are you glad you went, even though there were crowds?
ReplyDelete