Thursday, January 13, 2011

Names

so, I’m trying to come up with a name for a beading business. Not that I’m sure that I’m going to do much with it, but I’ve had several inquiries and thought I would get cards and a website and see where it takes me. But, the name is stumping me. Want to have something short, catchy with bead in it. And was trying to think of things that meant something to me. But, these are out because they are already taken:

Bedecked, BeDecadent, Butterfly Beads, The Beaded Turtle.

Mark suggested The Bead Terrific Vision, which I love, but most people won’t get, so he thought maybe Bead Terrific.

Marty suggested Beads by Kay (Kathy being boring : ) But that wasn’t grabbing me. Could use Kate if Kathy is too boring. Mark suggested Sophisti-Kate, but then I pointed out my beads aren’t really sophisticated. Of course, I then thought of Forni-Kate, but that’s not the image I’m looking for : )

Maybe Jocinda's Beads will get a Jocinda in the family...

Please put your creative minds to work and suggest things to me.

4 comments:

  1. of the ones above, I like The Beaded Turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beadtastic is my suggestion (you can take it or leave it).

    The Beaded Turtle sounded fun, but I think of that more as a family "inside joke" that others might not get.

    I like Sophisti-Kate...I think some of your work is sophiscated in terms of being formal, pretty and some of it intricate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the problem with the good ones, is that someone is bound to have already thought of it. lots of beadtastics when you do an internet search. Rats!

    ReplyDelete