Today was the first time back in the church this summer. It has been renovated and prettified! For those of you who haven’t seen it in person, it was kind of plain before.
No more carpet on the altar. New backdrop for the tabernacle. New beautiful tabernacle. New adoring angels. New pulpit. New altar. New priest and deacon chairs (we donated them). It’s sooo pretty!
The icon was restored. You can’t tell from this picture, but it sparkles! The jewels in the crowns really stand out. The gold leaf is new. And the paint was cleaned. It’s in a lovely shrine with candles next to. I should have taken more pictures! I didn’t want to disturb the man praying, though.
Real stations of the cross! Yea! They are so neat. We also have a lovely new life-size statue of St. Joseph. I didn’t get a picture.
The musicians have their own space off the altar now. Mark said they had a lot of room. It was wonderful. The sound system still has to go in. Apparently, a company came in and analyzed the acoustics in the church and scientifically decided the best placement of the speakers. Mark can hardly wait!
The reddish carpet is throughout the church now (much improved over the gray carpet!). Also, new kneelers and pew covers! We are so blessed to be in a beautiful space now.
Wow! I didn't know that your church was getting renovated, but it looks great!
ReplyDelete