Sunday, April 14, 2013

Confirmation Day-expanded

IMG_0564

Marty’s cake was lovely and delicious.

IMG_0567

The Mass was really beautiful. I had a Mommy moment when Marty was confirmed and it took a little time to get myself together. He took the name ‘Augustine.’ His sponsor, Grandpa Joe, said it nice and loud and so did the bishop. We were sitting in the front row on the side and so had a great view.

IMG_0568

Maggie also got confirmed yesterday. Her sponsor was Julie, whose sponsor I was lo these many years ago. I told Maggie that made me her grand-sponsor!

IMG_0570

We have a cute picture of Maggie & Marty when they received First Communion together. And now we have a cute picture from this Sacrament. They both smelled so good because of the Holy Chrism. The bishop made sure they knew they were sealed with the Spirit! He was generous with the Chrism.

IMG_0573

Fr. Arnold—proud pastor.

IMG_0574

Fr. John—proud associate pastor. He told Marty he very much approved of the name Augustine.

IMG_0576

All the grandparents were there!

IMG_0578

The director of Middle School Catechesis and a dear friend.

IMG_0579

Uncle Lee made it and even survived sitting in the front row!

IMG_0580

Eddie planned out his Confirmation and Charlie behaved well. It helped that we were in the front row and he could see everything really well.

IMG_0582IMG_0583

The godparents! Chris was also a sponsor to another boy, so he got to be Dad, Godfather & Sponsor yesterday.

IMG_0584

We had a fun celebration afterwards.

IMG_0590

One of Marty’s friends is a giant!

IMG_0592IMG_0593IMG_0594IMG_0597

We did get some cards from some cousins.

IMG_0598IMG_0599IMG_0600

Marty got a lot of bookmarks. Including some that Mark & I think we might borrow from him!

IMG_0601IMG_0602IMG_0603

Cereal, it’s the new in-gift for Confirmations.

IMG_0604IMG_0605IMG_0606

Actually, in the cereal box was a Jerusalem cross that was bought in the Holy Land and blessed at each of the shrines.

IMG_0607

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! I'm glad the cards got there -- I'll show the kids the picture tomorrow. They'll love it. Sim did all the coloring, cutting, and pasting himself and was VERY proud of his. Our gift should be there soon!

    ReplyDelete